A stitch in time saves nine. So is the case with bugs. Pest control mechanisms exist to take care of daily needs of households. Cockroaches and bugs, ants and lizards, bugs can be various. Bed bug extermination San Jose CA will land you in one of the finest pest control companies.
Bed bugs are nasty. They are adamant and not willing to listen. They travel in luggage and enter people’s homes. They make the mattress a residence. Biting people and feeding on their blood is their favorite pastime. Their bites are nasty. The worst thing about them is that the adult ones can survive without feeding for about 11-12 months! That implies that even if you do not provide them food, they can continue living in your premises! Unwanted visitors.
In many parts of the country, people are unaware of what bedbugs are and what they look like. Professionals who deal with them know how nasty they are. Sprays are available to deal with the pests but they aren’t sufficient.
Due to lack of awareness, it is possible that people may unknowingly spread the pests into other rooms. Eww!
Get Rid of the Bugs before they bug you
Citra Pest Control services do bed bug extermination San Jose CA. Here are some steps one can take to help make things better for themselves and for the professionals too.
- If you have made an appointment with the company for bed bug control or inspection, remove or reduce clutter. If you have no clue of the infested areas or objects, leave them as is. It may happen that you may inadvertently transfer the infested object to other areas.
- Box springs should be aired every once so often during the summer. They are a good residence for the pests. Use a flashlight to seek them out. If the mattress is torn, tear it off entirely to allow for better treatment.
- Make sure the inspector turns the drawers of desks and dressers. Sofas should also be inspected.
- Bed frames should be dismantled if possible for further inspection.
- Are they going to use encasements? Encasements prevent the bugs from entering or leaving the mattresses. Using one eliminates the need to treat the mattress.
- Soft toys, blankets and pullover and cardigans too should be aired whenever possible. Regular cleaning with vacuum cleaner and bagging is required. Once cleaned, they should be put into plastic bags and sealed with Nuvan strips. Nuvan strips do not harm the items and hence no laundering is needed.
- Heat is good treatment for these bugs. Clothes and other warm garments should be laundered in hot water and washing soda too can be used. If washing isn’t permitted, use a dryer to heat them for several minutes to prevent any infestation.